OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Outreach Training
The OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Outreach Training course is a comprehensive safety program designed for anyone involved in general industry. Specifically devised for safety directors, foremen, and field supervisors; the program provides complete information on OSHA compliance issues.
This course has been approved and accepted by OSHA for online distribution.
OSHA recommends Outreach Training Programs as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1910. General industry workers must receive additional training, when required by OSHA standards, on specific hazards of the job.
Course Learning Objectives:
- State the purpose of the OSH Act and list the functions of OSHA
- List the OSHA inspection priorities and describe the inspection process
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees under the OSH Act
- The basic requirements for proper aisle and passageway maintenance
- Guidelines for identification and protection of floor openings
- To understand the importance of effective Egress fire protection program
- To know the safe means of Egress to provide fire protection in emergencies from new or old buildings or structures
- Outline the general requirements for general safety standards
- Establish the guidelines and requirements for special purpose equipment
The course includes individual module quizzes require a score of 70 to proceed forward in the course. The final exam additionally, requires a minimum score of 70 to receive a certificate of completion. The final exam may be taken three times if necessary.
Once you enroll in the OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Outreach Training course you will have 6 months to successfully complete the course. If you do not complete the course in 6 months you will not receive a certificate for course completion.
If you require a temporary printable certificate, it will be made available immediately upon successful completion of course. Passing participants will also receive an OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Outreach DOL course completion card within 4-6 weeks.
Please Note: The OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Outreach Training course does not have any pre-requisites; however, the OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Outreach training course or an equivalent of 30 hours of prior safety and health training plus 5 years of general industry safety and health experience is a prerequisite for taking any OSHA 501 Trainer course.