Cal-OSHA: Hand and Power Tools
This course gives you a basic understanding about OSHA’s role in prevention and elimination of work-related illnesses and injuries. Hand and power tools are a part of our everyday lives and help us to easily perform tasks that otherwise would be difficult or impossible.
However, these simple tools can be hazardous, and have the potential for causing severe injuries when used or maintained improperly. Special attention toward hand and power tool safety is necessary in order to reduce or eliminate these hazards.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- To understand OSHA standards and rules associated with hand and power tools
- To explore guarding technique or principles that apply to hand and power tools
- To identify the precautions that are essential for safe use
- General Requirements
- Hazards of Hand and Power Tools
- Types of tools
- General precautions
- REGULATORY REQUIREMENT:
- Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page.
This course has been approved for two hours, and requires no prerequisites.
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course. The Final exam can be taken three times, if necessary.