Occupational Health & Environmental Controls
This course is designed for people working in the construction industry who are exposed to health hazards and chemicals during the course of their work.
Topics include definitions, hazard communication standard, asbestos standards, MDA, lead, worker protection programs, process safety management of highly hazardous chemicals, and cadmium.
This course focuses on the topics covered in OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Subpart D.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- What is OSHA hazard communication standard?
- What are the benefits of Hazard communication standard?
- What is the asbestos standard for construction?
- What is the permissible exposure limit?
- How to perform exposure monitoring.
- What Are Hazardous Substances?
- Exposure to Hazardous Substances
- Container Labeling
- Material Safety Data Sheet – MSDS
- MDA - Methylenedianiline
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page to see if this class meets your regulatory requirements. This course has been approved for 1 hour.
This course includes individual quizzes, which must be passed with a 100% score to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally, the final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times, if necessary.