Introduction to OSHA & the OSHA Act
This course gives a basic overview of OSHA, OSHA act, and OSHA’s role in prevention and elimination of work-related illnesses and injuries.
It includes information about employer and employee rights and responsibilities, and a very brief look at the inspection process, reporting and recordkeeping.
This course will prove beneficial for those who are directly or indirectly involved with OSHA and OSH Act.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Understand what OSHA is
- Describe the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Act
- Explain how the General Duty Clause affects employers
- Identify the different types of OSHA violations
- Explain how OSHA conducts inspections
- Understand OSHA’s requirements
- Understand employers’ and workers’ rights
- OSHA Standards
- Employers' and Workers' Rights and Responsibilities
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page to see if this class meets your regulatory requirements. This course has been approved for 1 hour.
This course includes individual quizzes, which must be passed with a 100% score to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally, the final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times, if necessary.