Hazardous materials are considered any substance or compound that has a capability of producing adverse effects on the health and safety of humans.
Every year thousands of workers get injured or killed because of fatal chemical or other toxic hazards. OSHA and other authorities have provided many rules and regulations in order to prevent hazards and perform safe operations at the workplace.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Understand general requirements of handling/working with hazardous materials
- Explore how to store hazardous materials
- Learn about use and disposal of hazardous materials
- Find out what steps are necessary to take at the time of an accident
- Study training, first aid, and other essential factors associated with hazardous materials
- Hazardous and Toxic Substances
- Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- Flammable and Combustible Liquid Classifications
- Important Definitions
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page to see if this class meets your regulatory requirements. This course has been approved for 1 hour.
This course includes individual quizzes, which must be passed with a 100% score to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally, the final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times, if necessary.