This course attempts to introduce the content of OSHA 1910 Subpart Z, which deals with toxic and hazardous substances.
This course will focus on the aspects of Subpart Z which deal with keeping hazardous chemicals and materials from negatively affecting your health.
This includes the use of personal protective equipment, cleaning procedures in the event of exposure to hazardous materials, and the procedures in place for conducting first aid and recording an incident of exposure in the workplace.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Understand how the body can be exposed to toxic substances
- Learn the methods by which you can detect a toxic substance
- Be aware of the effect that toxic substances can have on the body
- Know how to reduce exposure to toxic substances
- How Can the Body Be Exposed to Toxic Substances?
- Clues of Exposure to Toxic Substances
- Why is the Material Safety Data Sheet Needed?
- The Effects of a Toxic Substance on the Body
- Reaction and Interaction
- How to Reduce Exposure
- Exposure Measurement and Monitoring
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page to see if this class meets your regulatory requirements. This course has been approved for 1 hour.
This course includes individual quizzes, which must be passed with a 100% score to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally, the final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times, if necessary.