Machinery and Machine Guarding
This course will help workers to protect themselves from moving machinery.
After completion of this course, workers will be able to properly apply the OSHA Machine and Machine Guarding requirements to their day to day work activities.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Identify hazards associated in working with and around machinery and the guards used to protect the operator
- Identify hazards and machine guards for various types of specialized machinery
- Basics of Machine Safeguarding
- General Requirements
- Woodworking Machinery Requirements
- Abrasive Wheel Machinery Requirements
- Mechanical Power Presses
- Mechanical-Power Transmission Apparatus
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page to see if this class meets your regulatory requirements. This course has been approved for 1 hour.
This course includes individual quizzes, which must be passed with a 100% score to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally, the final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times, if necessary.