This course is designed to inform employees about the requirements for lockout/tagout during servicing and maintenance of machines or equipment.
Also covered are the requirements of the OSHA Lockout/Tagout Standard, procedures for the application of locks and tags, and a discussion of the types of energy these procedures are designed to control.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Understand key components of the lockout/tagout standard
- Understand the purpose and elements of an energy control program
- Understand types and responsibilities of people involved with lockout/tagout
- Understand elements that must be included in energy control procedures
- Learn the training and inspection requirements
- Learn steps to safely apply energy shutdown
- Conditions for Lockout/Tagout
- Purpose for Lockout/Tagout
- General Requirements for Lockout/Tagout
- Energy Control Application
- Release for Lockout/Tagout
- Energy Control Program
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page to see if this class meets your regulatory requirements. This course has been approved for 1 hour.
This course includes individual quizzes, which must be passed with a 100% score to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally, the final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times, if necessary.