Walking and Working Surfaces
This course alerts participants to the hazards of walking and working surfaces and provides information about workplace action needed to eliminate or control these hazards.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Develop a working knowledge of key elements surrounding OSHA's Walking and working surfaces regulation
- Understand key terminology concepts
- Examine the consequences of poor housekeeping and hazards of wall and floor openings
- Discuss the specifications for safe design and construction of fixed general industry stairs
- Learn the minimum requirements for dock-boards and proper care and use of portable ladders
- Discuss general scaffolding requirements
- General Requirements
- Guarding Floor and Wall Openings and Holes
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page to see if this class meets your regulatory requirements. This course has been approved for 1 hour.
This course includes individual quizzes, which must be passed with a 100% score to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally, the final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times, if necessary.