OSHA - HAZWOPER
HAZWOPER stands for Hazardous Wastes Operation and Emergency Response. Hazardous wastes are major sources of workers’ injuries and fatalities in workplaces.
This course gives you a basic understanding of OSHA standards and its role in the prevention and elimination of workers’ injuries and fatalities due to hazardous wastes present at workplaces.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Understand OSHA standards related to HAZWOPER
- Find out methods of protection from hazardous wastes
- Explore safety guidelines and requirements of HAZWOPER
- Develop knowledge about exposure monitoring and medical surveillance
- Learn the significance of the site health and safety program
- Written Safety and Health Program
- Site Characterization and Analysis
- Training Program
- Medical Surveillance
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Sanitation at Temporary Workplaces
- Handling Drums and Containers
- Emergency Response Plan
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page to see if this class meets your regulatory requirements. This course has been approved for 1 hour.
This course includes individual quizzes, which must be passed with a 100% score to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally, the final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times, if necessary.