7102: Electrical Fundamentals, Properties of AC Circuits
In this four lesson program on basic electrical fundamentals, we will be introducing and studying the general physics, that is the basic natural laws which govern the application in utilization of electricity.
This material will serve as the solid foundation on which to build the more advanced concepts that are dealt with in our many other training programs.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Understand the Fundamentals of AC Voltage Generation
- Describe Frequency in AC Systems
- Understand AC Voltage Measurement
- Perform AC Power Calculations
- Calculations of Power in an Inductive and Capacitive Circuit
- Lesson 1: AC Voltage Generation
- Lesson 2: AC Power in Resistive Circuits
- Lesson 3: Effects of Inductance and Capacitance
- Lesson 4: Power Factor
This course has been approved for 2 hours, and requires no prerequisites.
This course includes individual quizzes, which must be passed with a 70% score to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally, the final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course.