7103: Electrical Fundamentals, Power and Power Factor
In this four lesson program on basic electrical fundamentals, we will be introducing and studying the general physics, that is the basic natural laws which govern the application in utilization of electricity.
This material will serve as the solid foundation on which to build the more advanced concepts that are dealt with in our many other training programs.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Learn how to calculate impedance
- Understand the vector diagrams and the power triangle
- Understand what a voltage drop is and how you determine a sources voltage requirements
- Learn about the principals of operation of transformers and about the idea transformer, the autotransformer and the instrument transformer
- Review transformer regulation and voltage regulation techniques
- Lesson 1: The Impedance Triangle
- Lesson 2: Voltage Drop
- Lesson 3: Introduction to Transformers
- Lesson 4: Transformer Impedance and Regulation
This course has been approved for 2 hours, and requires no prerequisites.
This course includes individual quizzes, which must be passed with a 70% score to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally, the final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times if necessary.