7104: Electrical Fundamentals, Three Phase Systems
In this four lesson program on basic electrical fundamentals, we will be introducing and studying the general physics, that is the basic natural laws which govern the application in utilization of electricity.
This material will serve as the solid foundation on which to build the more advanced concepts that are dealt with in our many other training programs.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Understand Generator Frequency and how to synchronize a generator to the system
- Learn about three phase generation and the three phase basics
- Understand a balanced operation system
- Review the different connection methods
- Covers line voltage in three phase systems and the four wire three phase system
- Learn the apparent, reactive and real power in three phase systems and understand the examples of each
- Lesson 1: Generator Synchronism and Frequency
- Lesson 2: Three phase operation
- Lesson 3: Three phase connection
- Lesson 4: Power in three phase circuits
This course has been approved for 2 hours, and requires no prerequisites.
This course includes individual quizzes, which must be passed with a 70% score to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally, the final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times if necessary.