Dealing with Conflict and Confrontation
Dealing with conflict and confrontation is one of the most important skills you can learn.
Most of us have a certain dread of confrontation-we fear being cheated; we’re scared of letting others know what we really think and feel for fear they’ll use it against us; we believe our honesty will hurt other so we avoid confrontation or put on a strong front.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- To accept human differences as inevitable
- To help you lose your fear of conflict
- To teach you maneuvers people use to get what they want so that you can protect yourself
- To present alternatives to the fight/flight behaviors most of us currently use in confrontations.
- To learn to problem solve instead wanting to get even
- LESSON 1: Analyzing Conflicts
- LESSON 2:Non-Confrontational Conflict-Resolution Strategies and Their Effects
- LESSON 3: Contending
- LESSON 4: Escalation
- LESSON 5: Problem Solving
Please refer to the state/regulatory requirements page in the course catalog to see if this class meets your states regulatory requirements.
This course has been approved for 3 hours.
The final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to print your certificate online.