Managing Electronic Communication
This course covers the purpose of an email policy and identifies the issues faced by organizations using emails.
It also discusses creating and deploying an effective email policy for companies.
Finally, the legislations regarding email monitoring are identified with special emphasis on Banking & Finance Regulatory Compliance
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Understand the necessity of a corporate policy on email use and retention
- Outline the number of ways in which the company email policy can be enforced
- Learn about the possibility of legal liability faced by a company
- Understand what are confidentiality breaches and how they come about
- Understand how a company’s reputation can be damaged by email content
- Learn how a company’s productivity and resources stand to be affected by inappropriate use of the email system
- Understand the various threats that an organization faces due to sexist or racist content and intellectual property
- Understand how to effectively retain and delete electronic records
- Learn the state and federal legislations regarding email monitoring
- Understand the legal standpoint on email auditing and interception
- Lesson 1: What is an Email Policy?
- Lesson 2: What Are The Email Threats That Companies Face
- Lesson 3: Creating And Deploying An Electronic Messaging Policy
- Lesson 4: Legislation
Please refer to the state/regulatory requirements page in the course catalog to see if this class meets your states regulatory requirements.
This course has been approved for 2 hours.
The final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to print your certificate online.