Writing is an important part of business – any business! Your writing style identifies who you are and what you know. It is an essential part of the way we communicate and share ideas and information.
It’s very easy to have a conversation with someone, but it can be much more difficult to try and put the information in writing. We suddenly become intimidated and feel that our writing does not sound very intelligent.
We worry about mistakes, such as grammar or incorrect spelling. We often try to make our writing sound so much bigger than the way we actually speak.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- The basic guidelines for easier and more effective writing.
- A formal presentation that might demand a different vocabulary than a less formal document.
- The rules of grammar and words that are constantly changing and evolving.
- Different writing styles to communicate and share ideas and information.
- Many other types of written communication: resumes, thank-you notes, fax cover letters, service requests, letters of recommendation and complaint letters.
- LESSON 1: VOCABULARY
- LESSON 2 : GRAMMAR
- LESSON 3: COMPOSITION
- LESSON 4: THE FINAL COPY
- LESSON 5: WHAT WE WRITE
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page to see if this class meets your regulatory requirements.
This course has been approved for 3 hours.
The final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to print your certificate online.