This course covers broad issues on Employment and Labor laws as it applies to Insurance Agencies.
It covers issues on pre and post employment procedures, employee agent/agency staff/agency staff and employer/agency rights and interviewing strategies in order to avoid claims and suits.
Further, it puts emphasis on real world issues related to the employment laws.
- Interviewing strategies
- Understand employer agency rights for requesting and disseminating employee references
- Employment verification requirements; Doís and Doníts
- Drug testing and physical examinations
- Employment at-will doctrine
- Discrimination principles
- American with Disabilities Act
- Investigating effectively and within the law
- Effective disciplinary policies
- LESSON 1: Labor and Employment Law
- LESSON 2 : Interviewing Strategies
- LESSON 3: Employment References
- LESSON 4: Employment Verification Requirements of Employers
- LESSON 5: Drug Testing And Physical Examinations
- LESSON 6: Is There Really Still Employment-At-Will?
- LESSON 7: Discrimination Principles
- LESSON 8: Retaliation
- LESSON 9: Harassment
- LESSON 10: Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- LESSON 11: Family Leave and Medical Leave Act (FLMA)
- LESSON 12: Investigating Effectively and Within The Law
- LESSON 13: Effective Disciplinary Policies
Please refer the the state/regulatory requirements page in the course catalog to see if this class meets your states regulatory requirements.
This course has been approved for 2 hours.
The final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course.