Analyzing Financial Statements Advanced
This 1.5-hour course examines financial statements in detail, including components of a balance sheet, their calculations, and the effects of transactions on the balance sheet and the income statement.
Students should have some prior understanding of financial statements before taking this course.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Understand the main components of a financial statement,
- Identify measures of liquidity, risk of bankruptcy, and asset coverage.
- Recognize the effect of transactions on a balance sheet, from asset sales to stock splits and dividends.
- Understand the principle components of an income statement.
- Lesson 1: Components of the Balance Sheet
- Lesson 2: Balance Sheet Calculations
- Lesson 3: Effects of Transactions on the Balance Sheet
- Lesson 4: The Income Statement
Please see the state/regulatory requirements from the course catalog page to see if this class meets your states regulatory requirements. This course has been approved for 3 hours.
The final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to print your certificate online.