Consumer Protection Law
This course will provide you with an understanding of basics of consumer protection and the various Federal consumer protection laws.
The area of consumer credit is covered in some detail due to itís over riding influence in our daily lives. The role and activities of the Bureau of Consumer Protection are explored with an emphasis on the financial and marketing practices of the bureau.
Also briefly explained are common violations of consumer protection laws.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Learn what is meant by consumer protection
- Learn about the Federal Trade Commission's Law Enforcement Authority
- Learn about the various areas of consumer protection
- Define what is consumer credit
- Identify the different consumer credit laws
- Learn about the Bureau of Consumer Protection
- Identify the some of the consumer protection violations
- Identify the various divisions operating within the Bureau and their roles
- LESSON 1: Federal Trade Commission Act
- LESSON 2 : Areas Of Consumer Protection
- LESSON 3: Consumer Credit
- LESSON 4: Bureau Of Consumer Protection
Please refer to the state/regulatory requirement page in the course catalog to see if this class meets your states regulatory requirements.
This course has been approved for 1 hour. You will not be required to take a final exam.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to print your certificate online.