OSHA 10 Hour General Industry Outreach Training Course
This course is ideal for supervisors with safety and health responsibilities and for employee safety and health awareness.
Students are introduced to OSHA policies, procedures and standards as well as general industry safety and health principles covered in OSHA Act Part 1910. Special emphasis is be placed on areas most hazardous using OSHA standards as a guide.
This course has been approved and accepted by OSHA for online distribution. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Outreach DOL course completion card.
Course Learning Objectives:
- State the purpose of the OSH Act and list the functions of OSHA
- List the OSHA inspection priorities and describe the inspection process
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees under the OSH Act
- The basic requirements for proper aisle and passageway maintenance
- Guidelines for identification and protection of floor openings
- To understand the importance of effective Egress fire protection program
- To know the safe means of Egress to provide fire protection in emergencies from new or old structures
- Outline the general requirements for general safety standards
- Establish the guidelines and requirements for special purpose equipment
The course includes individual module quizzes that require a score of 70 to proceed forward in the course. The final exam additionally requires a minimum score of 70 to receive a certificate of completion. The final exam may be taken three times, if necessary.
Once you enroll in the OSHA 10 Hour General Industry Outreach Training course you will have 6 months to successfully complete the course. If you do not complete the course in 6 months you will not receive a certificate for course completion.
If you require a temporary printable certificate, it will be made available immediately upon successful completion of course. Passing participants will also receive an OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Outreach DOL course completion card within 4-6 weeks.