First Responder Awareness Level
This course is designed for all employees who respond to a hazardous
materials emergency. As per OSHA guidelines, these people must receive
training based on their level of activities at the incident.
particular course is designed for those who are likely to respond to a
hazardous materials emergency for the purpose of protecting person,
property, or the environment from the effects of the release. OSHA
regulations require a minimum of 8 hours training.
- Understand the role of Level-I responder
- Identify the hazards involved in an emergency
- Determine the site control and site security
- Learn about the harmful effects of hazardous substances on humans.
- Explore different hazardous substances and the incidents related to it
- Acquire information about the nature of the hazardous chemicals
This course has been approved for 8 hours and there are no pre-requisite requirements for this course.
module quizzes require a minimum score of 70 to proceed forward in the
course. The final exam also requires a minimum score of 70 to receive a
certificate of completion. The final exam may be taken three times if