HAZWOPER 40 Hour Course
HAZWOPER 40 Hour is required for employees working on a project
consisting of Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Operation mandated by the
This course is specifically designed for workers who
are involved in clean-up operations, voluntary clean-up operations,
emergency response operations, and storage, disposal, or treatment of
hazardous substances or uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.
include protection against hazardous chemicals, elimination of
hazardous chemicals, safety of workers and the environment and OSHA
regulations. This course covers topics included in 29 CFR 1910.120.
must have 40 hrs of initial training before they may enter the site and
at least three days of actual field experience under a trained,
- This online course meets the standard requirements of 40 hrs of initial training.
- The three days field experience under a trained, experienced
supervisor is the responsibility of the student, employer and/or
potential employer (This must be provided by your employer to satisfy the complete 40hrs of training standard).
Course Learning Objectives:
- Understand the purpose of OSHA and its role in regulating occupational safety
- Use Site Characterization to establish problems that may exist in
your workplace and measures that can be implemented to eliminate
- Identify hazardous materials existent in the workplace and the possible methods, symptoms and preventative measures of exposure
- Encourage the use of Material Safety Data sheets (MSDS) to identify and properly handle hazardous materials
- Familiarize yourself with materials, compounds and mixtures that
may present flammable, explosive, chemical or radiological hazards
- Emphasize the importance of personal protective equipment in limiting hazardous exposure
- Establish an effective Site Control Program to limit the risk of exposure to only those working in the hazardous work zone
- Implement procedures for treating workers in the event of hazardous exposure
This course has been approved for 40 hours of training and requires 40 hrs to complete.
course includes individual module quizzes that require a minimum score
of 70 to proceed forward in the course. The final exam additionally
requires a minimum score of 70 to receive a certificate of completion.
The final exam may be taken three times, if necessary.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to print your official certificate instantly.