HAZWOPER 24 Hour Course
HAZWOPER 24 Hour is required for employees visiting an Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Operation mandated by the Government.
course covers broad issues pertaining to the hazard recognition at work
sites. OSHA has developed the HAZWOPER program to protect the workers
working at hazardous sites and devised extensive regulations to ensure
their safety and health.
This course, while identifying
different types of hazards, also suggests possible precautions and
protective measures to reduce or eliminate hazards at the work place.
must have 24 hours of initial training and one day of supervised field
experience before they are allowed to enter the site.
online course meets the standard requirement of 24hrs of initial
training. The one day field experience under a trained, experienced
supervisor is the responsibility of the student's employer or potential
employer to complete.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Understand the purpose of OSHA and its role in regulating occupational safety
- Use Site Characterization to establish problems that may exist in
your workplace and measures that can be implemented to eliminate
- Identify hazardous materials existent in the workplace and the possible methods, symptoms and preventative measures of exposure
- Encourage the use of Material Safety Data sheets (MSDS) to identify and properly handle hazardous materials
- Familiarize yourself with materials, compounds and mixtures that
may present flammable, explosive, chemical or radiological hazards
- Emphasize the importance of personal protective equipment in limiting hazardous exposure
- Establish an effective Site Control Program to limit the risk of exposure to only those working in the hazardous work zone
- Implement procedures for treating workers in the event of hazardous exposure
This course has been approved for 24 hours of training and will require 24 hours to complete.
course includes individual module quizzes that require a score of 70 to
proceed forward in the course. The final exam additionally, requires a
minimum score of 70 to receive a certificate of completion.
The final exam may be taken three times, if necessary.
Upon successful completion of course you will be able to print your certificate instantly.