The Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) provides information to workers and employers about various chemical hazards that exist in the workplace, and what protective measures they can take in order to prevent the adverse effects of such hazards.
This course gives you a basic understanding of how to deal with hazardous chemicals and how workers can prevent and protect themselves from fatal chemical hazards.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Understand the purpose of Hazard Communication Standards (HCS)
- Learn about labels and MSDSs
- Recognize physical and health hazards associated with hazardous chemicals
- Recognize symbols used to identify hazards
- Explore how to prepare and implement a written hazard communication program
- Study training and its importance
- The Hazard Communication Standard
- Hazardous Materials
- Important Definitions
- Material Safety Data Sheet
- Controlling Physical and Health Hazards
- Hazard Communication Program
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page to see if this class meets your regulatory requirements. This course has been approved for 1 hour.
This course includes individual quizzes, which must be passed with a 100% score to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally, the final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times, if necessary.