Materials Handling and Storage for General Industry
This course specifies the materials handling and storage procedures developed by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to reduce injuries resulting from mishandling or improper storage.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Understand general material handling concepts
- Service multi-piece and single-piece rim wheels
- Identify powered industrial trucks
- Maintain overhead and gantry cranes
- Understand the safety requirements for crawler, locomotive, and truck cranes
- Identify different types of slings
- Understand the requirements for inspecting derricks
- Recognize the safety requirements for helicopter operations
- Using Material Handling Equipment
- Tire Servicing Equipment
- Wheel Component Acceptability
- Safety Operating Procedure
- Powered Industrial Trucks
- Overhead and Gantry Cranes
- Crawlers, Locomotives and Truck Cranes
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page to see if this class meets your regulatory requirements. This course has been approved for 1 hour.
This course includes individual quizzes, which must be passed with a 100% score to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally, the final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times, if necessary.