HACCP Food Safety Course
Every operation serving or selling food needs to have a food safety system in place that is designed specifically to guarantee the food being served is safe to eat. This specific food safety system is called HACCP for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point.
HACCP is a system comprised of 7 principles that are to be applied to a written food safety program focusing on the food in your operation. This course aims to teach you the importance and use of all 7 principles in order to make you a safer, more effective food service employee.
- Identify the causes of food borne illness
- Identify the key points of HACCP
- Explain the 7 HACCP principles
- Follow prerequisite programs for food safety
- Apply standard operating procedures for food safety and food defense in your operation
- Identify the three classifications of recipes
- Determine critical control points
- Apply critical control limits
- Complete monitoring forms
- Determine effective corrective actions
This course has been approved for four hours, and requires no prerequisites.
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 70% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.