Cal-OSHA: Fall Protection
This course gives you a basic understanding about OSHA’s role in prevention and elimination of work-related illnesses and injuries. The OSHA standard identifies areas or activities where fall protection is needed.
It clarifies what an employer must do to provide fall protection for employees, such as identifying and evaluating fall hazards and providing training. Under the standard, employers are able to select fall protection measures compatible with the type of work being performed.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Learn about falls in the workplace
- Identify preventative measures to avoid falls
- Understand the duty to have fall protection
- Identify and understand fall protection systems
- Learn how to develop a fall protection plan
- Learn how to inspect fall protection equipment
TOPICS COVERED ON THIS COURSE:
- Types of Fall Protection - Active Systems
- Types of Fall Protection - Passive Systems
- Inspection of Equipment
- Fall Protection Safety Systems
- Falling Object Protection
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page to see if this class meets your regulatory requirements. This course has been approved for 1 hour.
This course includes individual quizzes, which must be passed with a 100% score to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally, the final exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times, if necessary.