HAZWOPER 8 Hour Annual Refresher
This course meets the requirements in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 for eight hours of annual refresher training for workers at hazardous waste sites.
This course is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards. Topics include HAZWOPER regulations, safety and health plans, hazardous chemicals, safety hazards, air monitoring, medical surveillance, site control, decontamination, personal protective equipment, and respiratory equipment.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Read and understand OSHA regulations and requirements
- Use Site Characterization to identify hazards found in the workplace and steps to be taken to minimize hazards
- Understand the principles of toxicology and how they relate to various types of chemical exposures
- Develop a Medical Surveillance Program and understand its purpose
- Identify the uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE for a situation
- Understand the principles of decontamination as well as levels of decontamination and decontamination methods
- Have a better understanding of potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers and reactive chemicals
- Understand the various considerations in an emergency and the importance of training and actions to personal safety and the safety of others
This course has been approved for 8 hours, and will require 8 hours to complete.
In order to take this class you must have taken and passed the 24 or 40 hour HAZWOPER course
The course includes individual module quizzes that require a score of 70 to proceed forward in the course. The final exam additionally, requires a minimum score of 70 to receive a certificate of completion.
The final exam may be taken three times, if necessary.