General Safety- Ergonomics: Advanced This course is designed for employees who want learn about stress and strain due to the physical office environment.
Topics include proper on-the-job stress and strain, Cumulative Trauma Disorder (CTD),work station set, workplace injury and discomfort, choosing and adjusting office equipment, proper light sources and setups, reducing your risk of injury, stretches, potential types of injury, and demonstrates numerous exercises for coping with on-the-job stress and strain.
OSHA had previously given guidance on this topic via OSHA 29 CFR 1910 but later removed it.
- Training of managers, supervisors, and employees (at no cost to these employees) in ergonomics program and their role in it.
- The recognition of MSD signs and symptoms.
- The identification of MSD hazards on jobs at workplace.
- Lesson 1 Ergonomics Program
- Lesson 2 Analysis Procedures
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page. This course has been approved for one hour, and requires no prerequisites.
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.
The final exam can be taken up to three times if necessary