General Safety- Hazard Communication: Advanced This course is designed for workers who may come into contact with hazardous chemicals during the course of their work.
Topics include an overview of hazard communication standards, requirements and responsibilities, training requirements, how to make a hazard determination, hazard chemical characteristics, container labeling and other hazard warnings, material safety data sheets, employee training requirements, hazard prevention, minimization, preparedness, and exposure monitoring plans.
This course focuses on the specific requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200 Subpart Z.
- Identify items covered and exempt under the hazard communication standard.
- Describe the six main elements covered in a hazard communication plan
- Identify the labeling information required on every hazardous chemical covered under the standard
- Describe each section of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Hazardous Material Identification System (HMIS) labels
- Describe the labeling requirements for portable containers
- Describe the 12 sections on a Materials Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Describe how Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs) are maintained
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page. This course has been approved for two hours, and requires no prerequisites.
- Lesson 1 Introduction to Bloodborne Pathogens
- Lesson 2 Control and Compliance
- Lesson 3 Understanding Hepatitis B
- Lesson 4 Communication and Training
- Lesson 5 Revisions and Additions to OSHA Standards
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.
The final exam can be taken up to three times if necessary