General Safety- Industrial Hygiene: Advanced
This course is for workers and covers industrial hygiene practices and related OSHA regulations and procedures.
Topics include permissible exposure limits, OSHA health standards, respiratory protection, engineering controls, hazard communication, OSHA sampling procedures and strategy, workplace health program elements, and other industrial hygiene topics. Course highlights include workshops in health hazard recognition, OSHA health standards, and a safety and health program workshop.
This covers several topics including those in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1000-1450 Subpart Z Toxic and Hazardous Substances.
- Familiarization with the history of industrial medicine
- Understand OSHA’s role in industrial hygiene
- Learn what job hazards are associated with industrial hygiene
- Understand the role of the safety professional with respect to industrial hygiene
- Understand industrial hygiene concepts used to determine worker exposure
- Understand the purpose of ‘Subpart Z of part 1910 - occupational safety and health standards’
- Understand the OSHA requirements for 1910.1020 ‘access to employee exposure and medical records’.
- Lesson 1 Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- Lesson 2 Industrial Hygiene Fundamentals
- Lesson 3 The Science of Industrial Hygiene
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page. This course has been approved for one hour, and requires no prerequisites.
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.
The final exam can be taken up to three times if necessary