General Industry- Means of Egress and Fire Protection: Advanced This course introduces the student to the recognition of potential fire hazards and emergency procedures.
Topics include the chemistry of fire, types and effectiveness of extinguishing agents, means of egress, detection and alarm systems, fire brigades, fire prevention plans, and the Life Safety Code (NFPA 101).
This course covers the topics included in OSHA 29 CFR 1910, Subparts E and L.
- Understand the importance of the Means of Egress.
- To know the safety requirements for means of egress.
- To understand how to implement hazard prevention and control program and assessments.
- To understand the elements which constitute the effective Egress fire protection program.
- Lesson 1 Introduction to Egress and Fire Protection
- Lesson 2 Means of Egress
- Lesson 3 Emergency and Fire Prevention Plans
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page. This course has been approved for one hour, and requires no prerequisites.
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.
The final exam can be taken up to three times if necessary