General Safety- Personal Protective Equipment: Advanced This course is designed for workers who are interested in learning about what OSHA requires for personal protective equipment.
Topics include training on what PPE is necessary, when it is necessary, how to properly don, doff, adjust, and wear PPE, the limitations of PPE, and the proper care, maintenance, useful life, and disposal of PPE.
This course covers topics included in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.132-139 Subpart I.
- Identify OSHA’s general PPE requirements
- Understand why employees are required to follow specific work procedures when using PPE
- Learn how to make decisions, based on hazards and use, to select appropriate PPE to protect employees
- Learn how to teach your employees how to wear and care for the PPE you provide.
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page. This course has been approved for three hours, and requires no prerequisites.
- Lesson 1 Personal Protective Equipment and Assessment
- Lesson 2 Head Protection
- Lesson 3 Eye and Face Protection
- Lesson 4 Hearing Protection
- Lesson 5 Foot Protection
- Lesson 6 Hand Protection
- Lesson 7 Respiratory Protection
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.
The final exam can be taken up to three times if necessary