General Safety- Introduction to OSHA and the OSH Act: Basic This course gives a basic overview of OSHA, OSHA act, and OSHA’s role in prevention and elimination of work-related illnesses and injuries. It includes information about employer and employee rights and responsibilities, and a very brief look at the inspection process, reporting and recordkeeping.
This course will prove beneficial for those who are directly or indirectly involved with OSHA and OSH Act.
- Understand what OSHA is
- Describe the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Act
- Explain how the General Duty Clause affects employers
- Identify the different types of OSHA violations
- Explain how OSHA conducts inspections
- Understand OSHA’s requirements
- Understand employers’ and workers’ rights
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page. This course has been approved for one hour, and requires no prerequisites.
- OSHA Standards
- Employers' and Workers' Rights and Responsibilities
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.
The final exam can be taken up to three times if necessary