Law and Ethics- Employment Law This course covers broad issues on Employment and Labor laws as it applies to Insurance Agencies.
It covers issues on pre and post employment procedures, employee agent/agency staff/agency staff and employer/agency rights and interviewing strategies in order to avoid claims and suits.
Further, it puts emphasis on real world issues related to the employment laws.
After you complete this course, you will have learned about the following important employment law issues:
- Interviewing Strategies
- Understanding Employer Agency for Requesting and Disseminating References
- Employment Verification Requirements: Doís and Doníts
- Drug Testing & Physical Examinations
- Employment At- Will Doctrine
- Discrimination Principles
- American with Disabilities Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Investigation Effectively and Within the Law
- Effective Disciplinary Policies
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page. This course has been approved for six hours, and requires no prerequisites.
- LESSON 1: Labor and Employment Law
- LESSON 2: Interviewing Strategies
- LESSON 3: Employment References
- LESSON 4: Employment Verification Requirements of Employers
- LESSON 5: Drug Testing And Physical Examinations
- LESSON 6: Is There Really Still Employment-At-Will?
- LESSON 7: Discrimination Principles
- LESSON 8: Retaliation
- LESSON 9: Harassment
- LESSON 10: Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- LESSON 11: Family Leave and Medical Leave Act (FLMA)
- LESSON 12: Investigating Effectively and Within The Law
- LESSON 13: Effective Disciplinary Policies
This course includes individual quizzes , but you are not required to pass the quizzes in order to proceed to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to print your certificate online.