General Safety- Lockout/Tagout, Control of Hazardous Energy: Basic This course is designed to inform employees about the requirements for lockout/tagout during servicing and maintenance of machines or equipment.
Also covered are the requirements of the OSHA Lockout/Tagout Standard, procedures for the application of locks and tags, and a discussion of the types of energy these procedures are designed to control.
- Understand key components of the lockout/tagout standard
- Understand the purpose and elements of an energy control program
- Understand types and responsibilities of people involved with lockout/tagout
- Understand elements that must be included in energy control procedures
- Learn the training and inspection requirements
- Learn steps to safely apply energy shutdown
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page. This course has been approved for one hour, and requires no prerequisites.
- Conditions for Lockout/Tagout
- Purpose for Lockout/Tagout
- General Requirements for Lockout/Tagout
- Energy Control Application
- Release for Lockout/Tagout
- Energy Control Program
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.
The final exam can be taken up to three times if necessary