General Safety- Materials Handling and Storage for General Industry: Basic This course specifies the materials handling and storage procedures developed by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to reduce injuries resulting from mishandling or improper storage.
- Understand general material handling concepts
- Service multi-piece and single-piece rim wheels
- Identify powered industrial trucks
- Maintain overhead and gantry cranes
- Understand the safety requirements for crawler, locomotive, and truck cranes
- Identify different types of slings
- Understand the requirements for inspecting derricks
- Recognize the safety requirements for helicopter operations
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page. This course has been approved for one hour, and requires no prerequisites.
- Using Material Handling Equipment
- Tire Servicing Equipment
- Wheel Component Acceptability
- Safety Operating Procedure
- Powered Industrial Trucks
- Overhead and Gantry Cranes
- Crawlers, Locomotives and Truck Cranes
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.
The final exam can be taken up to three times if necessary