General Safety- Industrial Hygiene: Basic
This course attempts to introduce the content of OSHA 1910 Subpart Z, which deals with toxic and hazardous substances.
This course will focus on the aspects of Subpart Z which deal with keeping hazardous chemicals and materials from negatively affecting your health.
This includes the use of personal protective equipment, cleaning procedures in the event of exposure to hazardous materials, and the procedures in place for conducting first aid and recording an incident of exposure in the workplace.
- Understand how the body can be exposed to toxic substances
- Learn the methods by which you can detect a toxic substance
- Be aware of the effect that toxic substances can have on the body
- Know how to reduce exposure to toxic substances
This course has been approved for one hour, and requires no prerequisites.
- How Can the Body Be Exposed to Toxic Substances?
- Clues of Exposure to Toxic Substances
- Why is the Material Safety Data Sheet Needed?
- The Effects of a Toxic Substance on the Body
- Reaction and Interaction
- How to Reduce Exposure
- Exposure Measurement and Monitoring
- REGULATORY REQUIREMENT:
- Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page.
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.
The final exam can be taken up to three times if necessary