General Building Manual - Concrete
This course provides students with information on concrete, its basic ingredients with their properties, and the methods of its production.
Students will also understand the types of cement used in concrete, water-cement proportions, mixes and their classification, and the proper application of concrete along with other construction materials for reinforcing or formwork etc.
Students will also gain knowledge of concrete finishing and the 2003 Supplement.
- Understand concrete and its production methods
- Identify and compare the types of cement
- Understand the classification of mixes and adjust the water-cement- ratio as per requirement
- Carry on the slump test
- Understand and comply with the formwork and reinforcement- prerequisites
- Know the guideline summaries for the steps in concrete finishing
- Know the 2003 Supplement
- Types of Cement
- Water-Cement Ratio
- Slump Test
- Classification of Mixes
- Steps in Concrete Finishing
- 2003 Summary
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page. This course has been approved for two hours, and requires no prerequisites.
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.
The final exam can be taken up to three times if necessary
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion.