General Building Manual - Solar Heating
This course covers information about Solar Heating. Throughout this course students will be introduced to passive and active solar heating systems, the difference between the building designs, construction, working requirements, and the auxiliary components of the same.
This course is intended for technical administration, purchasing, and inspection personnel, and also any non-technical individuals who must work with technical documentation and/or interact with technical personnel.
It also helps individuals who are unable to travel, or have only limited time periods to dedicate to training.
- Understand solar heating
- Identify, compare, and distinguish between passive and active solar heating systems, and their working requirements
- Identify the direct and indirect heat gain systems
- Understand the general design of building utilizing solar heat and know about the required auxiliary components
- Passive Solar Heating Systems
- Active Solar Heating Systems
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page. This course has been approved for two hours, and requires no prerequisites.
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.
The final exam can be taken up to three times if necessary
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion.