General Building Manual - Painting
This course covers a number of painting techniques on a variety of surfaces. The aim of this course is to introduce students to various materials and techniques involved with this exciting craft.
This course is intended for any one interested in painting. It also helps individuals who are unable to travel, or have only limited time periods to dedicate to training.
- Learn about paints, stains, primers, and sealers and to understand their usage
- Learn about different materials and techniques involved in painting
- Understand the classification of paint products
- To learn about the preparation of different surfaces before starting the painting process
- Familiarize yourself with common paint problems when troubleshooting
- Study the provisions of the 2003 Supplement as they apply to painting
- Paints, Stains, Primers, and Sealers
- Surface Preparation
- Troubleshooting Painting Problems
- 2003 Supplement
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page. This course has been approved for two hours, and requires no prerequisites.
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.
The final exam can be taken up to three times if necessary
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion.