OSHA- Safety and Health Programs: Advanced
This course focuses on assessing safety and health programs, emphasizing techniques to evaluate the thoroughness of the programs and the effectiveness of their implementation.
The application of the OSHA Safety and Health Program Guidelines is supplemented by OSHA policy, related directives, and the current field manual.
Course highlights include applying the evaluation and analysis techniques to actual program elements.
- To understand the importance of effective safety and health programs
- To know about, and know how to implement, elements of an effective safety and health program
- To understand the reasons for management commitment and employee involvement
- To understand worksite hazards and how to conduct worksite analysis
- To understand how to implement hazard prevention and control programs and assessments
- To understand what constitutes an effective safety and health training program
- Lesson 1 Safety and Health Program Guidelines
- Lesson 2 Management Commitment and Employee Involvement
- Lesson 3 Worksite Analysis
- Lesson 4 Hazard Prevention and Control
- Lesson 5 Safety and Health Training
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page. This course has been approved for one hour, and requires no prerequisites.
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.
The final exam can be taken up to three times if necessary