Electrical- General Building Manual
This course will provide individuals working in "hands-on" technical jobs with a better understanding of the theoretical principles on which their everyday activities are based.
This course is intended for technical administration, purchasing, and inspection personnel, also any non-technical individuals who must work with technical documentation and/or interact with technical personnel.
It also helps individuals who are unable to travel, or have only limited time periods to dedicate to training.
- Understand Ohmís Law, electrical power and related calculations
- Distinguish between the different electrical testing Instruments, their forms, usage and relative reading units
- Know about electrical wires; their types, sizes, color codes and proper usage
- Be aware of the guideline summaries of NEC sections that are often covered in the "B" trade exam
- Identify electrical symbols
- Understand electrical abbreviations
- Know the 2003 Supplement
- Ohm's Law
- Electrical Power
- Electrical Testing Instruments
- Electrical Wires
- National Electrical Code
- Electrical Symbols
- 2003 Supplement
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page. This course has been approved for two hours, and requires no prerequisites.
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.
The final exam can be taken up to three times if necessary
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion.