General Safety- Confined Spaces for General Industry: Advanced This course is designed to enable students to recognize, evaluate, control, and abate safety and health hazards associated with permit-required confined space entry.
This course focuses on the specific requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146 (a) through (l) Subpart J.
- Students will familiarize themselves with the fundamentals of confined spaces.
- Students will acclimate themselves with the functions and duties of confined space workers.
- Students will learn the conditions for and the steps of permit-required confined space entry procedure.
- Students will learn the conditions for and the steps of non-permit required confined space entry procedure.
- Students will learn the basic qualifications and requirements for employee training and rescue services.
- Lesson 1 Introduction to Confined Spaces
- Lesson 2 The functions and Duties of Confined Space Workers
- Lesson 3 Permit-Required Confined Space Entry Procedure
- Lesson 4 Non-Permit Confined Space Entry Procedure
- Lesson 5 Employee Training and Rescue Services
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page. This course has been approved for one hour, and requires no prerequisites.
This course includes individual quizzes which must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson. Additionally the final exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course.
The final exam can be taken up to three times if necessary